Position: Managing Partner
Area of Practice: Conveyance and Commercial
Charles Wamae has over seventeen years experience in the legal industry. He started his career as an in-house lawyer in the corporate sector before joining the firm of P.M. Wamae & Company. He had been in the firm for the last ten years and he is currently the Managing Partner of Wamae and Allen Advocates.
He has a wide range of experience in bank securities, real estate development, residential and commercial conveyancing, construction contracts, commercial and intellectual property matters and immigration law. He is a member of the Land, Environment, Natural Resources and Conveyancing Committee of the Law Society of Kenya, Member of International Commission of Jurist-Kenya and the East African Law Society. His past successes are set out in his curriculum vitae.
Charles has been recognised for the expertise in his respective field.
This is what clients and peers have to say.
- His fierce determined approach to complex general commercial and Conveyancing matters has raised his profile in the recent past gaining him reputation and exposure in both areas of practice.
- As a Conveyancing and general commercial practitioner he has maintained a collaborative focus with his clients, managing to maintain turn around time benchmarks whilst keeping costs down with an across the board appreciation of his clientele best interests.
- He’s accessible and down to earth approach has paid dividend to his clients and grown his networks within various registries enhancing his ability to collective deliver within set time lines.
EXPERIENCE AND SUCCESS
- He successfully identified prime properties in the fast growing Nairobi Suburbs for development of office suites and residential apartments respectively. Preparing all the contracts and successfully ensuring gross returns on the investment.
- Incorporating of a subsidiary company for an international company with ongoing interests in Kenya and with its headquarters in China. Advising on the composition of the Shareholding and Board of Directors vis-a-vis that of the Headquarters. The company is now fully operational and is currently a major investor in the real estate industry in Kenya.
- Providing advice on loan uptake for a Public company considered a “Leverage borrower” for the development of office suites and shops situated in Nairobi Central Business District (CBD), Nairobi. The client successfully completed the development and has leased out all the units.
- Involved in advising and processing of work permits for an international firm with a large work force of foreign personnel. The brief involved advising the client on the type of permit their individual staff qualify for, the terms of the permit and accommodation of additional members of the staffs’ family.